Salads are always a healthy option. We make different types of salad. Starting your meals with a bowl of salad helps to reduce your weight. Since salads are low in calories, high in fiber and rich in other nutrients, it makes your stomach feel full. In turn, you will eat less food which helps in weight loss.
Today I am sharing one of the salad recipe which I make often at home.
|French Beans||–||½ Kg.|
|Capsicum or Bell Pepper||–||2|
|Olive Oil||–||2 tsps.|
|Pepper Powder||–||as needed|
- Wash and clean the beans and cut into long pieces.
- Peel and cut the cucumber into big pieces.
- Cut the capsicum into big pieces and remove the seeds. You can use yellow or red capsicums. I didn’t have them at home. So I have used the green ones.
- In a pan heat a cup of water and add little salt.
- When it boils, add the chopped beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes and drain the water and keep aside.
- You can use the water for making rasam or soup.
- In a bigger bowl, take the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Now add the half cooked beans, cucumber and capsicum and mix well so that it is coated well with the vinegar mixture.
- Your healthy salad is ready.
- You can also use chopped radish in this salad.