This is a diabetic friendly cutlet made with channa dhal and cabbage with the spices like cumin seeds and mint which makes the cutlet taste good. As this cutlet is cooked I minimal oil, it is good for diabetics. This cutlet should be taken hot then only it will taste better.
|Channa Dhal||–||1 cup|
|Cabbage||–||1 cup (chopped finely)|
|Mint Leaves||–||3 tbsp.|
|Green Chillies||–||2 (chopped finely)|
|Cumin Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Gram Flour (Besan)||–||¼ cup|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Oil||–||for shallow frying the cutlet|
- Soak channa dhal for 2 hours and rain and grind with green chillies mint leaves, turmeric powder and cumin seeds by adding little water.
- Now take this mixture in a bowl and add gram flour, curd and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 or 7 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a dosa pan or non-stick tawa and add little oil.
- Flatten a portion of the channa dhal mixture and gently keep in the tawa and add some more oil.
- Cook both sides well till it becomes golden brown.
- Remove from the tawa and serve hot with your favourite chutney or sauce.