Generally we make masala vadai using channa dhal. As there was some red soya bean sprouts at home, I thought of making sprout vadai and it came out very well. During this summer holiday, we can make healthy vadai like this and give to kids. Surely they will enjoy.
|Red Soya Bean Sprouts||–||1 cup|
|Channa Dhal||–||½ cup|
|Onion||–||1 (chopped finely)|
|Salt||–||1 tsp. or as needed|
|Red Chillies||–||6 or 7|
|Curry Leaves||–||a handful|
|Oil||–||for deep frying|
- Clean and soak channa dhal for 2 hours.
- Grind the channa dhal along with soya sprouts, red chillies and salt to a coarse paste.
- Now take the ground mixture in a vessel and add finely chopped onion and curry leaves to it and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and take small amout of the mixture and flatten it by touching in water and gently drop into the hot oil.
- Fry both sides till the vada is cooked and turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain the vadas and serve hot with chutney of your choice.