We make lots of recipes using methi leaves but this is a very interesting recipe which I got from one of the food groups and when I tried it, it came out very well. From now on I will make this kuzhambu regularly at home as it is liked by everyone. Thanks to Suganthi Vishwa for sharing this recipe.
|Methi Leaves||–||a bunch|
|Chopped Onion||–||1 cup|
|Gingelly Oil||–||1 ladle|
|Tamarind||–||a lemon sized|
|Grated Coconut||–||from half coconut|
|Mustard Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Dhania Seeds||–||3 tsp.|
|Cumin Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
- Wash and clean the greens and chop finely and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil and roast red chillies, dhania seeds and cumin seeds and powder them finely and keep aside.
- Grind grated coconut and tamarind to a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters add chopped onions and garlic and fry till raw smell goes and onions become transparent.
- Now add chopped keerai and fry till it cooks well.
- With this you can add both the ground mixtures, salt and half cup water and cook in medium flame till the kuzhambu gets thicker.
- Now you can switch off the stove and serve hot with hot steamed rice.