Last Friday, I made malai peda for our wedding anniversary. Malai peda is simple to make and a rich sweet. For a change, I made with condensed milk and I came out well and it was very easy to make. Traditionally we make peda from khoa and sugar. It is similar to palkova we make at our home.
|Condensed Milk||–||1 can|
|Milk Powder||–||2 cups|
|Fresh Cream||–||100 g.|
|Cardamom Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Pistachio||–||1 tbsp. (cut into half)|
- Take milk powder, condensed milk and cream in a heavy bottom pan and mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Now heat the pan on low flame and add ghee and cardamom powder.
- Cook till the mixture starts leaving the pan by stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the stove and cool for 15 minutes.
- Take small balls of equal size and make into round shape.
- Make a dent by gently pressing the peda in the center and place the pistachio.
- Your tasty Malai peda is ready.