Usually we make adai using white rice. Yesterday I made adai using healthy red raw rice and it came out very well. Red rice has variety of health benefits. Red rice is a great source of iron or manganese. Manganese is instrumental in producing energy for the body and is a vital element of the enzyme and is also an anti-oxidant that may safeguard the body from free-radicals. It is also rich in vitamin B6.
|Red Raw Rice||–||2 Cups|
|Channa Dhal||–||1/3 cup|
|Ured Dhal||–||1/3 cup|
|Toor Dhal||–||1/3 cup|
|Salt||–||as needed or 1 tsp.|
|Onions (optional)||–||1 (grated finely)|
- Soak red rice and all toor dhal, channa dhal and ured dhal together for 3 hours.
- In a grinder grind them to a coarse rava consistency along with red chillies. The consistency of the batter should neither be thick nor thin.
- At the end add salt and grind for a minute.
- Now take the batter out and add grated onions and mix well.
- Heat a dosa pan, and take a ladle full of batter and pour like dosa by spreading in a circular motion.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil around the adai and a teaspoon of oil in the middle.
- Once it is cooked, the corners will start coming up. Turn it over to the other side and cook well till it becomes golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.