We usually make idly or dosa regularly at home. I prepare lots of idlies like Ragi idly, Jowar Idly, Pesarettu and many more varieties. For a change I tried making idlies and dosas with multigrains and it came out very well.
|Foxtail Millet||–||1 cup|
|Dry Soya Beans||–||½ cup|
|Dry Mochai or Field Beans||–||½ cup|
|Ured Whole||–||1 cup|
|Salt||–||as needed or 1 tsp.|
- Soak soya beans and field beans for 8 hours in water.
- Soak the foxtail millets, jowar and ured dhal together for 3 hours.
- In a grinder, grind all the soaked ingredients together to a fine rava consistency.
- At the end, add salt and switch off the stove.
- Add enough water and mix well and ferment it till the next day keeping closed with a lid.
- Next day mix the batter with a ladle and make idlies and dosas as we make.
- Your healthy multigrain idly or dosa is ready to be served.
- Serve hot with tomato or onion chutney.