I am always fond of brinjal and I mostly use brinjal in my kitchen. It is a low calorie vegetable which is rich in fiber and antioxidants. The cholesterol levels are brought down to a great extent by brinjal. It also helps stabilize the level of blood pressure. All this in turn lowers the risk of heart diseases.
|Mustard Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Ured Dhal||–||½ tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||¼ tsp.|
|Sambar Powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Curry Leaves||–||a few|
- Wash and cut the brinjal lengthwise and keep immersed in water.
- Peel and cut the onion lengthwise.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add ured dhal and curry leaves and fry for half a minute.
- Now add chopped onion and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add the chopped brinjal pieces, salt, turmeric powder,sambar powder and water.
- Cook till the brinjal is cooked well and the water completely dries out.
- Your brinjal curry is ready to be served as a side dish for rice.