In Bangalore, we get murukkus made with palak. The taste of these palak murukku is awesome and is healthy too. So thought of making palak murukku at home for this Diwali and it came out very well. Everyone enjoyed palak murukku. Here is the recipe of crispy palak murukku.
|Rice flour||– 2 cups (heaped)|
|Roasted ured dhal||– ½ cup|
|Hot oil or butter||– 1 ladle|
|Asafoetida||– a pinch|
|Cumin seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Palak leaves||– a small bunch|
|Oil||– for deep frying the murukkus|
|Salt||– 1 tsp. or as needed|
- Wash and clean the palak and blanch the palak in hot water for 3 minutes and drain.
- Grind them nicely when cooled.
- In a vessel, take rice flour, ured flour and salt and mix well.
- Now add 1 ladle of hot oil or butter in this and mix well.
- Now add the palak paste and mix well.
- Add water little by little to this and mix into a thick dough.
- Take a murukku achu and put the single star plate and apply oil inside.
- Now take the dough and keep inside and press the flour into a circular shape in hot oil.
- Cook till both sides are crisp. Do not keep in oil for more time. Otherwise the murukkus will burn.
- For roasted ured dhal, dry roast the ured dhal in a pan till it becomes golden brown. Then cool it and grind to a fine powder.