We use green chillies in almost all the recipes. This is a traditional green chilly pickle which I learnt from my friend. I love pickles very much. For this pickle we need slightly spicy green chillies and we use some masalas which makes the pickles very tasty. This pickle tastes well with curd rice. I have already posted North Indian Style Green Chilly Pickle also. But this is different from that.
|Green Chillies||–||200 g.|
|Salt||–||as needed or 2 tbsp.|
|Gingelly Oil||–||1 ladle|
|Methi / Fenugreek Seeds||–||¼ tsp.|
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Wash the green chillies well and remove the stems from green chillies.
- Cut the chillies into two pieces.
- Now grind the chillies, tamarind, salt and asafoetida in a mixer grinder to a little coarse paste.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, keep in low flame and add methi seeds.
- Fry for a second and add ground chilly paste and mix well.
- Cook in low flame for about 10 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Spicy green chilly thokku is ready to be served.