Sweet Cheedais are prepared during Janmashtami for Lord Krishna along with Salt Cheedai and Murukku. As Krishna was fond of all these snacks, we prepare them. With jaggery this cheedai will be crispy and tasty.
|Rice flour||–||1 cup|
|Grated jaggery||–||¾ cup|
|Roasted ured dal powder||–||1 tsp.|
|Cardamom powder||–||¼ tsp.|
- Seive the rice flour twice dry roast it to a light pink color and cool.
- Dry roast the ured dhal till golden brown and cool and grind and sieve.
- Melt the jaggery in half a cup of water. Strain to remove impurities and let it cool down.
- Mix the rice flour and ured dhal powder and cardamom powder and mix well. Add the butter and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the jaggery syrup. Knead well to make a soft dough.
- Roll into balls and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- When the oil gets heated, add thecheedais, a handful at a time and fry to a reddish brown color.
- Fry all the cheedais in the same way.
- Crunchy, sweetcheedais are ready for neivedhyam.