Button mushrooms is a rich source of Vitamin D. It is rich in anti-oxidant and reduces cholesterol. Today I am posting kurma made of mushrooms.
|Mushroom||–||200 g. (chopped lengthwise)|
|Baby Corn||–||10 (chopped into 1 inch pieces)|
|Onion||–||1 (finely chopped)|
|Tomatoes||–||2 (finely chopped)|
|Garlic||–||3 cloves (finely chopped)|
|Ginger Chilli paste||–||½ tsp.|
|Red Chilli powder||–||1 tbsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||–||½ tsp.|
|Cumin Powder||–||1 tbsp.|
|Coriander Powder||–||1 tbsp.|
|Cumin Seeds||–||1 tsp.|
|Garam Masala||–||1 tsp.|
|Ured Dhal||–||1 tbsp.|
|Chana Dhal||–||1 tbsp.|
|Grated Coconut||–||½ cup|
|Curry Leaves||–||a handful|
- Heat oil in a pan and add channa dhal and Ured dhal. Roast them until dal gets light brown in colour.
- Add curry leaves, cashew and cook it for a minute over a medium to low heat. Add coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame. Don’t cook it for long time, it may burn. Let them cool down.
- Take this roasted mixture into blender, grind it in to a very smooth paste using 1 cup water.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it splutters, add ginger-chilli paste, garlic and curry leaves and cook them for half a minute.
- Now add chopped tomato, chopped onion and cook them for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Then add mushroom, corn and salt and mix well.
- Now add ½ cup of water, cover it with lid and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat till mushroom are cooked well.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin and coriander powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Now add prepared ground coconut paste and mix well.
- Keep in simmer for 5 minutes over medium to low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add kasuri methi at the end and mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Tasty mushroom and baby corn kurma is ready to be served.