Summer is the season when we make lots of vathals and vadam.This is a simple dried vathal which is made using green chillies and ured dhal and when fired this tastes well with curd rice. If you get small round green chillies it will be better. Otherwise you can also use long ones.
|Green chillies||– 1 kg.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 cup|
|Fenugreek seeds||– 4 tsp.|
|Cumin seeds||– 5 tsp.|
|Dhania seeds||– 5 tsp.|
|Asafoetida||– 4 tsp.|
|Mustard seeds||– 3 tsp.|
|Sour curd||– 1 cup|
|Salt||– ¾ cup|
- Soak the ured dhal in water for 3 hours and grind it into a coarse and thick paste adding little water.
- Grind fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and asafoetida coarsely.
- Grind the chillies and salt together into a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Now mix the curd, urad dhall paste, coarsely ground seeds, mustard seeds and the chilly paste together.
- In a plastic sheet, make small patties and place it and sun dry for 2 to 3 days.
- Store them in air tight containers.
- You can keep this for a year.
- Fry them in oil for a while till it turns dark brown and the mustard seeds in it starts crackling.
- Serve with curd rice and the taste will be very nice.
- Enjoy making Mor Milagai Vadai.
- If you want you can also see how to make Mor Milgai recipe in my blog.