We all make different kurma in our home. Today I made kurma using long green chillies. With ground coconut, the kurma is a wonderful combination for chapathis.
|Long green chillies or Bajji milagai||– ¼ kg|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Corrinader leaves||– 1 tsp. (finely chopped)|
|Oil||– 1 tsp.|
For Grinding I
|Ginger||– 1 inch piece|
|Garlic||– 2 cloves|
|Corriander bunch stem||– a handful|
For Grinding II
|Coconut||– ¼ cup|
|Cashew nuts||– 5 or 6|
|Poppy seeds||– 1 tsp.|
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ingredients given for grinding I and fry for a minute.
- Now grind them finely when cooled.
- In a pan, add finely chopped onions and turmeric powder.
- When the onions turn transparent, add finely chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Sauté till tomato pieces becomes mushy.
- Clean and chop the bajji milagai into medium pieces.
- Add chopped milagai pieces and a glass of water and keep closedand cook till chilli pieces are fully cooked.
- Add the ground paste II and allow to boil until gravy thickens.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with chappathis.