Spring Onions are an excellent source of vitamin K and vitamin C, and a very good source of vitamin A too. It is a low calorie food. It provides a unique taste and flavour to the dishes.Yesterday I made pulao using these spring onions. This is a very simple dish.
|Basmati rice||– 1 cup|
|Spring onions||– 10|
|Cumin seeds||– 1 tbsp.|
|Oil||– 3 tbsps.|
|Garlic||– 6 to 8|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Garam masala||– 1 tsp.|
|Lemon juice||– 1 tbsp.|
- Chop the white part and green part of spring onions and keep them separately.
- Finely chop the garlic pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- As the cumin seeds becomes brown, add spring onion whites and garlic and fry until brown.
- Now add rice and mix well and fry for a minute.
- Now add three cups of water, salt, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Close with the lid and keep in sim until water is absorbed and rice is cooked. This takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and garnish with the greens of spring onions.
- You can serve this pulao with Panner butter masala or any other side dish.
Step by step photos