Methi Kadhi is a simple and interesting recipe which can be had with Chapathis or rice. With the tangy taste of curd and the healthy methi this dish tastes awesome. When I first tasted, it tasted like mor kuzhambu.
For Making Kadhi (Gravy):
|Yogurt or Curd||– 2 cups|
|Water||– 2 cups|
|Gram flour or Besan||– 2 tbsp.|
|Cumin powder||– 1 tsp.|
|Dhania powder||– 1 tsp.|
|Turmeric Powder||– 1 tsp.|
|Dry Mango Powder or Amchur||– 1 tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
For Seasoning the Kadhi:
|Oil||– 1 tbsp.|
|Mustard Seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Cumin Seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Asefoetida||– a pinch|
|Garlic||– 6 pieces|
|Ginger||– 1 inch piece|
|Green Chillies||– 4 (finely chopped)|
|Fenugreek (methi) Leaves||– 1 cup (finely chopped)|
- Take everything given under for kadhi well in a bowl so that there are no lumps formed.
- In a thick bottomed pan, heat oil.
- When the oil gets heated, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds splutters, add ginger, garlic and mfenugreek leaves and saute well.
- When nice aroma of ginger/garlic starts coming and methi leaves are slightly wilted, add the curd and mix continuously till the mix starts boiling. If you do not stir continuously, the curd will curdle.
- Once the kadhi starts boiling, keep in medium flame for 4 minutes so that it gets cooked well.