Vazhaikkai varuval is a simple and easy recipe which we do at our home regularly. We just slice the raw bananas and mix with spices and fry in oil. The green raw banana is a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals, and contains a starch that may help control blood sugar, manage weight and lower blood cholesterol levels. For anyone trying to avoid food with high sugar content, green bananas are an option.
|Raw banana / Vazhaikkai||– 2 nos.|
|Chilli powder||– 1½ tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Cumin powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
|Oil||– 3 tbsp.|
- Apply 1 tsp. of oil i your hands before starting to cut raw banana otherwise your hands will turn black.
- Cut the raw bananas into thin round slices and add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and mix well and keep for 10 minutes.
- In a pan put oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Now add the masala mixed raw banana.
- Keep in a low flame and stir occasionally till it becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Do not over burn it.
- Serve as a curry for Sambar rice, Rasam rice or vathal kuzhambu rice.
- Vazhaikkai Varuval is ready.