Have you ever tried making chutney with capsicum or bell pepper? This chutney is a very tasty and nutritious chutney made using green capsicum. You can also use red or yellow capsicum for making this chutney. This chutney goes well with Idlies, dosas and even chapathis. When I was first trying this, I really underestimated this chutney. But the chutney is very good.
|Green Capsicum||– 2|
|Red Chillies||– 3|
|Cumin seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Green Chilli||– 1|
|Channa dhal||– 2 tsps.|
|Oil||– 2 tsps.|
|Mustard seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed or 1 tsp.|
- Peel and cut the onions into small cubes and keep aside.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes and capsicum into cubes and keep aside.
- Heat a teaspoonof oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, green chilli, red chillies and garic pieces.
- After half a minute, add the channa dhal and roast till golden brown.
- Now add the chopped onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Then add the capsicum and cook for 2 minutes and switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- When it cools down, grind it into a fine paste with enough salt using a mixer and transfer it into a bowl.
- Now, heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add the ured dhal and roast till it becomes reddish brown in colour.
- Now add the curry leaves and switch off the stove.
- Your tasty Capsicum Chutney is ready to serve.
- You can serve this chutney with Idlies or Dosa.