We all would have tasted paniyaram made using rice four or idly batter. This is a healthy paniyaram made with ragi idly batter. This is a very tasty paniyaram which we make in kuzhi paniyaram chatti. We can make this very easily if we have ragi idly batter at home. This can be served as an evening snack with tomato chutney.
|Ragi Idly batter||– 2 cups|
|Salt||– ½ tsp.|
|Oil||– for frying|
|Onion||– 1 (cut into fine pieces)|
|Green chilly||– 1 (cut into fine pieces)|
|Curry Leaves||– few|
|Cumin seeds||– 1 tsp.|
|Chilli powder||– ½ tsp.|
- Take the ragi idly batter in a vessel and add Chooped green chillies, onions, salt, jeera, chilli powder and chopped curry leaves.
- Mix well with a ladle.
- Heat kuzhipaniyaram pan and add 1 tsp. of oil in each hole or kuzhi.
- When the oil gets heated, pour the batter till half of the hole and add some more oil.
- Keep in medium flame and close with a lid and cook.
- After 2 minutes, flip the paniyarams with a fork and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove the paniyaram and serve hot with tomato chutney or sauce.