Paneer bhurji is a popular north Indian breakfast recipe made from crumbled paneer. This is a simple and easy recipe. I wanted to try this for a long time. Today I made it for my son’s lunchbox. With onions, tomatoes and with spices this dish tastes great. This dish can be had with Rotis, Parathas and even bread.
|Paneer / Cottage Cheese||– 200 g. (crumbled)|
|Onion||– 1 (finely chopped)|
|Tomatoes||– 2 (finely chopped)|
|Green chillies||– 1 (finely chopped)|
|Ginger garlic paste||– 1 tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Red chilly powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Garam Masala Powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Cumin seeds||– ½ tsp.|
|Oil||– 1 tbsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Coriander leaves||– few (for garnishing)|
- Crumble the paneer with hands and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When they become brown, add onions and sauté.
- When the onions become translucent, add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chilies and sauté till the raw smell of the ginger-garlic goes away.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
- Then add turmeric, red chili powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add the crumbled paneer and let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves to paneer bhurji.
- Paneer bhurji is ready to serve.
- Do not cook the paneer for a long time as they harden and lose their softness.
- You can also use Tofu instead of paneer.