I used to try lots of recipes from Bell peppers. We get them in different colours. I have used all the three colours – green, red and yellow to make this rice. This rice looks colourful and tasty and surely kids will like to have this rice. This rice is a very good option for you to keep in the children’s lunch box.
|Raw rice||– 1 cup|
|Bell Pepper (green, yellow and red)||– each 1|
|Oil||– 2 tbsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Red chillies||– 6|
|Cinnamon||– 1 inch piece|
|Dhaina||– 2 tsp.|
|Cumin seeds||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 ½ tsp.|
|Channa dhal||– 1 ½ tsp.|
|Grated coconut||– 1 ½ tbsp.|
|Fry the above ingredients in 1 tsp. of oil till golden and powder finely.|
|Mustard||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Channa dhal||– 1 tsp.|
|Red chillies||– 2|
|Curry leaves||– a handful|
|Cashew nut||– 8|
- Cut bell pepper into ½ inch pieces.
- Cook rice and cool it in a big plate by adding 1 tsp. of oil.
- In a pan, add oil and season with the ingredients given for seasoning one by one.
- Add the cut bell peppers and fry well.
- Now add turmeric powder, masala powder and salt and mix well till you get a nice aroma.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Finally add lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.