Idlies are the most polpular breakfast reciepe of Tamilnadu. If there is any left over idlies we make idly upma or usili and use them up. The seasonings added gives a great taste and flavor to idly usili. It is a simple and easy to make. Children also like this as it tastes better than simple plain idlies.
|Idlies||– 7 or 8|
|Red chillies||– 3 or 4|
|Oil||– 2 tbsp.|
|Mustard||– ½ tsp.|
|Ured dhal||– ½ tsp.|
|Channa dhal||– ½ tsp.|
|Asafoetida||– ¼ tsp.|
|Curry leaves||– a handful|
|Salt||– ¼ tsp.|
- Crumble the idlies with hand finely and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it splutters, add ured and channa dhal and fry for half a minute.
- Now add asafoetida, curry leaves and red chillies split into two and fry for a minute in low flame.
- At this time, add the crumbled idlies and salt and mix well.
- Fry well in low flame for about 5 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Idly usili is ready to serve.