Till yesterday, I was not cooking bottle gourd at home. Yesterday, my maid gave bottle gourd to me. I did not know what to cook and how to cook this. Then I asked her and tried this one. It came out very well and this dish goes well with chapathis or rotis. This dish became the favourite one of our home.
|Bottle gourd/Lauki/ sorakkai||– 500 g.|
|Green bell pepper/Capsicum||– 250 g.|
|Chilly powder||– 1 tsp.|
|Turmeric powder||– ¼ tsp.|
|Cumin seeds||– ½ tsp.|
|Ginger garlic paste||– 1 tsp.|
|Chopped coriander||– 1 handful|
|Oil||– 1 tbsp.|
|Salt||– as needed|
- Clean the bottle gourd and peel it.
- Cut into 1 inch square pieces.
- Chop onions finely and grind tomatoes nicely.
- Cut capsicum also in the same size.
Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder.
- Add chopped onions and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add ground tomatoes and cook till raw smell goes.
- Now add bottle gourd, capsicum, salt, chilli powder and cook till capsicum and bottle gourd is cooked well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Bottle gourd subzi is ready to serve.
- You can have this with chapathis.
- Do not cook bottle gourd in pressure cooker. Otherwise it will cook too much and will be watery.