Banana is a nutritious and wholesome fruit. One of the great things about banana is that it is not only delicious but is also available throughout the year unlike the other fruits. I made Barfi out of banana yesterday.
|Big Ripe Banana (peel and mash)||– 4 nos.|
|Milk||– 1½ cup|
|Sugar||– 1¾ cup|
|Ghee||– 3 tbsp.|
|Chopped Almond||– 1 tbsp.|
|Chopped Kaju||– 1 tbsp.|
|Raisins||– 1 tbsp.|
|Grated Coconut||– ½ cup|
|Grated Khoya||– ½ cup|
- Mash banana well and keep aside.
- Heat the heavy bottom pan, add mashed banana and milk.
- Reduce the flame and cook till the milk has almost evaporated.
- Add the ghee and stir continuously till the mixture becomes little golden brown in colour .
- Now add sugar and mix well.
- Cook till the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from stove and pour in a well greased plate.
- Garnish with raisins, kaju, grated coconut and almond on the top.
- Press lightly on top and allow it to cool.
- Cut into square or diamond shape burfis.