Palak pakoda is a quick to make snack. It is delicious and crispy and is prepared with spinach. Everyone at home like pakoda. This is a healthier pakoda which I prepared yesterday. My son who does not like greens had his stomach full.
|Spinach leaves (palak)||– 3 cups (chopped and packed)|
|Gram flour (besan)||– 1 ½ cup|
|Rice flour||– 2 ½ tbsp.|
|Red chili powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Cumin powder||– ½ tsp.|
|Green chilies||2 to 3 (finely chopped)|
|Ginger-garlic paste||– 1 tsp.|
|Mint leaves||– 10 to 12 (finely chopped)|
|Coriander leaves||– 2 tbsp. (finely chopped)|
|Hot oil||– 2 tbsp.|
|Water||– as needed|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– for deep frying|
- Mix all the above ingredients adding salt and hot oil.
- Add very little water and mix. The batter should just coat the palak leaves and it should not be a flowing batter but a stiff batter. Add water little by little till the batter just coats the palak.
- Heat oil in a deep frying or heavy bottomed vessel.
- When the oil is hot, reduce the flame and drop a little mixture of the batter to form fritters.
- Deep fry the pakodas to a golden brown color.
- Serve Palak Pakoda as an evening snack.
- The pakodas can be stored in an air tight container for 2-3 days.
- When frying pakoda, do not over crowd the vessel.