This is one of the tasty sweet I ever had. It is made of Poori in all purpose flour and dipped in sugar syrup and served. This can be done as part of Diwali sweets or simply as a sunday evening treat to kids.
|All purpose flour (Maida)||– 1 cup|
|Water||– as needed|
|Salt||– a pinch|
|Oil||– for frying|
For Sugar Syrup (Jeera):
|Sugar||– 1 cup|
|Water||– ½ cup for syrup|
|Cardamom powder||– 1 tsp.|
- First sift the maida without any lumps and keep aside.
- Mix maida, salt and water with 2 tsp. of oil to a firm and soft dough.
- Close with a lid and set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a vessel take sugar and water and boil till 1 string consistency and keep in simmer. That is when you takea drop of syrup between thumb and index finger andpull it apart, you will see a string formed. Turn off the stove.
- Take small balls from the dough and roll into pooris.
- Fry them and put in jeera syrup immediately and remove and keep in a plate.
- Keep each one separately otherwise it will stick together when dried.
- When it cools down the pooris will dry.
- Jeera Poli is ready.
- Now take and keep them in an airtight container.