Vaangi bhath is a rice dish of Karnataka made of brinjals. Even those who do not like brinjals like this rice. The main secret is Vaangi bhath powder made from variety of spices.
|Rice||– 1 cup|
|Long green brinjals||– 200 g.|
|Asafoetida||– a pinch|
|Oil||– 2 tbsp.|
|Curry leaves||– a handful|
|Mustard||– 1 tsp.|
For Masala Powder:
|Red chillies||– 8|
|Dhania||– 2 tsp.|
|Desiccated coconut powder||– 3 tbsp.|
|Ured dhal||– 2 tsp.|
|Gram dhal||– 2 tsp.|
- Cook rice and cool it by putting 1 tsp. of oil.
- In a pan put 1 tsp. of oil and fry red chillies, dhania, ured and gram dhal till golden and then the coconut power for few minutes.
- When it gets cooled, grind them finely.
- In a big pan, splutter mustard in oil and add curry leaves.
- Now fry cut brinjals.
- When it is fried well mix the powder and salt and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the rice and lemon juice and mix well.
- Vaangi bhath is ready to serve.