This is a sweet dish made of rava and sugar. My mom used to make it very nicely. If a guest comes to our home we can make this dish in a jiffy and give them. This is a traditional dish.
|Rava||– 1 cup|
|Sugar||– 1 ¼ cups|
|Water||– 2 ½ cups|
|Kesari colour||– a pinch|
|Ghee||– 1 ½ tbsp.|
|Cashew nuts, dry grapes||– 10 each|
|Cardamom powder||– ¼ tsp.|
- Roast cashew nuts and grapes 1in 2 tsp. of ghee and keep aside.
- Roast rawa in in the same ghee till golden brown and keep aside.
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add colour and rawa when it boils without forming lumps.
- When it is little thick add sugar and mix well till sugar is absorbed and becomes thick and switch off the stove.
- Add ghee, fried cashew nuts and grapes and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Kesari is ready to serve.