Dosa is a very healthy breakfast of south India. Since it has lentils, it is rich source of proteins and carbohydrates. Dosas and idlys are probiotic food as it is fermented. It is beneficial for the absorption of vital vitamins in the body. My mom used to make nice dosas and we used to eat a lot without stopping. It goes well with coconut chutney.
|Raw rice or Dosa rice||– 3 cups heaped|
|Ured dhal white||– 1 cup heaped|
|Salt||– as needed|
|Oil||– for making dosas|
- Wash and soak rice and dhal together for 3 hours.
- Put them in a grinder or mixie and grind well to very smooth consistency.
- Put salt and add more water to the required consistency and mix well.
- Keep it in a large vessel with more space above it so that the flour will rise above and close with a lid.
- Let it ferment for about 12 to 15 hours.
- Take a dosa pan and pour dosa using a laddle and spread in a circle and put 1 tsp. Of oil.
- After one minute turn around and pour 1 tsp. Of oil.
- Now remove and serve hot with coconut chutney.