Aappam is one of the recipes of kerarla and tamilnadu. In kerala they mix yeast while in tamilnadu they will not use it. Now I am posting tamilnadu version of aappam. Later I will post kerala version.
|Raw rice||– 1 cup|
|Par boiled rice||– 1 cup|
|Ured dhal||– ¼ cup|
|Salt||– as needed|
- Soak rice and dhal together for 3 hours.
- Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Add salt at the end.
- Heat the aappam pan for 2 minutes.
- Pour one ladle of batter and gently swirl the pan so that thin layer of the batter is on the sides and thick layer is at the bottom.
- Put 1 tsp. of oil and close the lid and cook in medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and take the aappam and serve hot with potato stew.